Považská Teplá is the largest city part of Považská Bystrica. It was annexed to the town in 1979. It also includes the former independent villages of Zálužie (since 1888) and Vrtižer (since 1966). The Roman Catholic Church of the Virgin Mary of the Seven Sorrows is located here. In the cadastral territory of the village towards Záskalia lies the tourist-attractive Manín Strait.