Procedure to start the event:
1. Download the GoSlovakia app for Google Android / Apple iOS
2. After launching the GoSlovakia app, click on the ACCOUNT icon at the bottom right and log in. If you are an existing user and see your name, skip this step.
3. Go back through the HOME icon and select the ENERGY ON WHEELS event directly on the home screen. You will see all the information about the event and you can register from 13.9. until 25.9. join via CHOOSE YOUR CYCLING ROUTE.
4. Choose from a menu of individual routes in selected cities through which the Around Slovakia cycling event passes. Each route contains a detailed description and a map.
5. To start, you need to be near the point marked as POI. This POI point is a GoSlovakia table in the shape of a teardrop with a QR code (graphic display of the table). In the app, click on START ROUTE - SCAN POI and a map with the route will be displayed.
6. On the map, use the SCAN START POI button to scan the QR code on the POI and you can set off. The app will display your position on the route. Note: You can minimize the application while driving, but you cannot close it completely!
7. At the destination, it is necessary to scan the QR code again via the SCAN DESTINATION POI button on the bottom right of the map.
8. After completing the route, the app will confirm the completion of the route. If you want to complete the next route, proceed in the same way as in point no. 4
Results: you can follow all routes traveled on the GoSlovakia.sk website under the Energy on Wheels event. Statistics on individual sections are clearly displayed. In addition, if you log in (top right), your accounts will be linked, you will see your exact rider position within the event and you can also play a trivia game.
Always check on your smartphone whether you have enabled mobile data and GPS.
All icons are not displayed in the GoSlovakia app - you do not have an updated app. Scan the QR code in point 1 and update the GoSlovakia application.
I can't find the POI table - in the detail of the route you can see the exact position on the map with the possibility of zooming in, as well as the name of the object where the POI is located.
Note: You can minimize the application while driving, but you cannot close it completely!
GoSlovakia is not responsible for changes in the routes of the Energy on Wheels event or for the location of all start and finish POIs.