The Reduta building , today the seat of the Slovak Philharmonic, is currently one of the most important historical cultural, social and representative buildings in the old town.
The former Theresian granary, built on the orders of Maria Theresa in 1773, was rebuilt in the neo-baroque style with elements of Rococo and Art Nouveau in 1913-1919. Many Slovak and foreign masters took part in the decoration of the facade and interiors. In addition to elaborate stucco and other wall decorations of the interior, there are notable colored stained glass with various compositions, or rare glass fillings with etched delicate ornaments. It is also interesting that Reduta was one of the first buildings in Bratislava in which modern reinforced concrete structures were applied. The premises of Reduta, the predecessor of today's cultural houses, did not avoid gradual commercialization and were leased to various institutions. One of them was the then Municipal Music School, which educated important personalities of Slovak musical life. Among other things, elegant dining facilities have been set up here. Since 1916, one of the first cinemas in Bratislava has been operating here.