Mirbach Palace belongs to the best preserved original architecture of old Prešporek. Rococo jewel built on the site of an old building, which is mentioned as early as 1459 as CURIA CIVITATIS or WEITE HOF. Even in the second half of the 16th century, it was a wooden building in which, according to records, evangelical services were held in 1666 (the co-owner of the neighboring houses is still the Evangelical Church and v). The owners of the palace changed quickly: in 1636 it was owned by the Illésházy family, then the town and then by the rich brewery Michael Spech. After the demolition of the old building on several medieval plots in the years 1768 - 1770, he built a magnificent palace, probably in the form we know today. Undoubtedly the quality author of the project - the architect - is unknown. However, it can be assumed that he worked in Vienna. We only know the name of the mason master - Matthaeus Höllrigl. The palace sold the rush after the construction was completed.
The first owner is Count Imre Csáky (1781 - 1813) and until the beginning of the 20th century the palace had five other owners. The penultimate was in the years 1908 - 1916 Count Koloman Nyáry, whose massive and beautiful family coat of arms is an ornament of the tympanum in the upper middle part of the facade. The last owner of the palace was Count Dr. Emil Mirbach. After the historical turbulence - the disintegration of Austria-Hungary, the establishment of the Czechoslovak Republic, the period of the Slovak state during World War II and the subsequent restoration of the Czechoslovak Republic - the palace became the property of Bratislava in May 1948, which established the Bratislava City Gallery in 1975.