The mention of the cross in this place also appears later in the visitation of 1847. On the cross, the image of the Savior was painted on a metal plate. The original wooden cross, as remembered by the older generation, dates from 1886. According to a sad legend, it was brought there by a citizen of Blatná, whose heart broke from this effort and died on the spot. A well was later built at the cross and a bench under the cross. People working in the vineyards came here to pray, draw water, relax a little and refresh themselves.
14.9. In 1991, on the feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, a new wooden cross was built on this site, which was blessed by the parish priest of Blatná, Michal Jurišič. We are pleased that we have managed to revitalize this popular and visited place in the previous months. The surroundings were cleaned and improved, trees were treated, new benches were planted, new trees and ornamental shrubs were planted, a new watering well was built, and the surroundings were grassed. The cross was also treated and a new shelter was installed for the statue of the Virgin Mary. All this was possible thanks to many private sponsors and several organizations and companies from our community.