It states that Matúš Čák decided to exchange his property in Tekov for the castle Uhrovec (castrum Ugrog) and the villages Podlužany, Bánovce, Horné Naštice, Uhrovec, Bancúch, Žitná, Radiša, a village located below the castle, which was called Močiarnik (today Podhradie) and Šípkov. Although Matúš Čák paid the original owner of the manor, Peter, the son of Master Báš, the sum of 50 hryvnia, it was a clearly unequal exchange of property. In a document of the Esztergom Chapter from 1297, Mikuláš complains that Matúš Čák forced him and his father Petr to exchange their estate Uhrovec for several worthless villages in Tekov under the threat of death. Thus, in 1295, one of the most important oligarchs in Hungary became the owner of Uhrovec. Matúš Čák owned the Uhrovec castle estate until his death in 1321, when it became the property of King Karol Róbert.
Uhrovec Castle remained in royal hands until 1389, when King Sigismund of Luxembourg donated it to his favorite Štibor of Štiborice and Beckov and his brothers. The castle included the town of Bánovce and 21 villages in the Radiše stream basin and on the upper course of the Bebrava. The Štibor family owned the manor until 1434. As they were the most important and richest magnates of Hungary, their construction activities at the castle cannot be ruled out. After the death of Štibor Jr., Uhrovec Castle belonged to the king. He gave it to his wife Queen Barbara in 1435. She owned it until 1439, when her castle was taken away by the Hungarian king Albrecht of Habsburg and given to his wife Elizabeth.