During the 17th century. however, the municipality left it for unknown reasons (probably damage during fires) and moved to a building that serves this purpose to this day. The exact appearance of the original town hall is not known, only the stone town coat of arms from the first half of the 16th century has been preserved, secondarily located in the portal of the later town hall.
The new building was a magnificent burgher house in the Middle Ages. At the beginning of the 16th century. it was rebuilt into a town wine bar and served for this purpose for almost two centuries. Only some fragments of the interiors, the portal and the late Gothic lining on the ground floor have been preserved from the Gothic period. In the second half of the 16th century. the wine bar was extended by an extension above the street passage, connecting the two quarters of the square and renovated in the renaissance style.
The interiors were vaulted with Renaissance vaults at the time and the building was completed with a rich label attic. Thorough reconstruction followed the fire in 1768. It was completed in 1788, when it received a late Baroque appearance with a typical facade with tall windows and a balcony. The last reconstruction took place after the great fire in 1887. At that time, they added the second floor.
The town hall is written in recent history in 1919. After the occupation of the city and much of eastern Slovakia by the Hungarian Red Army, on June 16, 1919, the Slovak Republic was proclaimed on its balcony. Since 1945 housed in the building of the Municipal National Committee, after 1990 City Hall. In 1961, the town hall was entered in the list of national cultural monuments.