The village called Pelystan is mentioned in a document from July 25, 1314. The village developed in the castle grounds of Pajštún. In 1828 it had 98 houses and 698 inhabitants. They dealt with agriculture, burning lime and coal, the production of wooden utensils, brooms and their sale in Bratislava and its surroundings. In the 18th century there was a powder mill, a paper mill, a brickyard, a glassworks and a sawmill. Copper dishes were produced in the Medené Hámre locality. In 1950, the United Farmers' Cooperative was founded here. Today, residents work mainly in Bratislava.
The name of the village is derived from the former Hungarian name of this village: Borostyánkö, which has nothing to do with pine trees. It means amber. Other names of the village in individual years were 1273 Borynka, 1284 Perustian, Parastian, 1314 Pelystan, 1322 Burustian, 1390 Prostyan, 1439 Borostyan, Peylenstain, 1476 Borostyankw, 1786 Paistun, 1808 Stupavský podzámek, 1920 Pajštún, Kvetov, 1948 Borinka, Hungarian Borost Pozsonyborostyánkö, German Ballestein, Paulestein, Pallenstein.