From the end of the 15th century until the second half of the 19th century, the Marczibány family maintained music in Púchov . In the first half of the 17th century, Moravian brothers settled in the town and Púchov became famous for their cloth products. Thanks to its advantageous geographical location, Púchov has become a natural commercial center of the area.
In 1649, King Ferdinand granted the town the right to hold showcases. It was in the 350th anniversary of the granting of fair rights that the town of Púchov renewed the tradition of fairs and markets by organizing the First Púchov Fair in September ´99. The traditional crafts, the development of which grew the city, were draperies, pottery and book printing.
The center of Púchov weaving was Moravská Street , where in 1761 there were 68 draperies. A Púchov folk costume decorated with blueprints was also born here, which also belongs to the specifics of the town. Stanislav Trnka's factory is the only blueprint factory in Slovakia and in a way it is a small museum. One of the few historical monuments that have been preserved in Púchov is the County House. The Baroque-historical building was built at the end of the 18th century by Imrich Marczibányi. It is an artistically-historically valuable document of the historical development, way of life and environment of society. Today, the County House is the seat of the Museum of Púchov Culture. After the slowdown in the city's development in the 18th century, conditions improved in the second half of the 19th century with the construction of a railway.
From the beginning of the 20th century, the first factories appeared, gradually Syderolit and Syenit for the production of tiles, the first Slovak clothing factory "Rolný" (today's Makyta) and finally the production of tires - today's Matador , respectively. Continental. In the time of Austria-Hungary, Púchov belonged to the administration of the Trenčín County, after the establishment of the Czechoslovak Republic it was included as a district town under the Žilina Region. This situation lasted until 1960, when the district of Púchov was abolished and its territory became part of the district of Považská Bystrica. Since 1996, Púchov has been a district town again.