The village originally consists of three separate villages. In 1896, the villages of Cerová and Lieskové were merged and given the one-word name Korlátko, which means Korlátsky kameň. In 1918, after the demise of Austria-Hungary and the establishment of the Czechoslovak Republic, the village began to be called Cerová-Lieskové. In 1976, the village of Rozbehy joined the village and the village was named Cerová. The first written mention comes from the year 1324, in which the name of the village Korlathkeu is mentioned, in 1446 as Liezko Podhrad - the property of the Korlat estate.