Today's church stands on the site of an old, smaller church that dates back to the beginning of the 13th century. In 1769, the church was demolished up to the walls of the sanctuary, which form the chapel of today's church. The year of the foundation of the first church - 1221 - is engraved on the stone in the main altar.
The new, larger church was built by the local count František Xaver Königsegg with his wife Sidonia (née Esterházyová - a well-known family with a family residence in the Dubnica mansion) and local parishioners. They built the church for 10 years. At the entrance, in the lower part of the church wall, there is a stone with the year 1770 - that's when the church began to be built. It was consecrated in 1780. The capacity of the old, original church was no longer sufficient for a large number of parishioners, so a new church was built.
The church is built in the late Baroque style, decorated with rich stucco ornamentation. He is Beautiful inside and out.
In 1880, the church was restored, on the occasion of the centenary of this temple.
In 1937, master Adam from Rožňava painted the church.
In 1950, a new church roof was built.
In 1971, the outside of the church was repaired, and in 1974, the inside was painted.
In 1985, a new Stations of the Cross was installed in the interior of the church, along with the sacrificial table, pulpit and seat.
In the years 1987-1989, the entire roof and tower of the church were covered with copper roofing. This covering is still here.
In the years 1996-1998, the image of St. František Xaverský in the chapel, together with the grave of St. Vincent.
Nowadays, new sidewalks were added in front of the church, a new gate was made.
The main altar and the side altars were created by an unknown artist from the circle of Rafael Donner, the Viennese royal sculptor. The main altarpiece represents St. Peter and Paul, the author is Jozef Zanussi. The pulpit is beautiful, which represents a boat on the sea of life (Jesus also taught on the boat). The organ is original Baroque, made by Juraj Pažitný from Rajec.
The Franciscan Church of St. is also located near the parish church. Juraj and the monastery and the Renaissance mansion known today as the Secondary Vocational School of Agriculture.