The village is first mentioned in the patrol of the Šterús district in 1262 as Borey. Later in 1263 as Bory, r. 1773 as Borovce, Hungarian Vágbory, German Borowitz.
Until 1388 it was a royal property, then King Sigismund donated it to Duke Stibor of Stiborice, who was based in Beckov. They belonged to the Stibor family until 1430. In the 16th century they became a peasant village, they belonged to various nobles. In the portal census from In 1536, the Bory family, the Thewrew family and Andrej Ruska are mentioned. Canonical visitation from 1560 lists the owners Pavel, Ľudovít and Katarína Bora and Ján Redneka. Later, the Očkay, Vietoris, Bosányi and others landed. After 1900, the landowners were replaced by the Viennese baron, the landowner Springer, who owned most of the land. In his master, he employed poor people from Boroviec and seasonal workers from northern Slovakia.